Friday, October 3, 2014

September Wrap up

Wow September went by so fast. I didn't really end up reading that much compared to what I have been reading I suppose. Lets just get into the books I did finish and I will recap on each a little.

Stolen by Lucy Christopher

I was worried that reading this book would aggravate me since I have had to deal with some darker things in my past, and it did in some spots but for the most part this book wasn't to bad. I ended up giving it 4 stars. Even though what Ty does is wrong his heart seems to be in the right place and it makes you think how if this played out a little different like him not taking her and just getting to know her like a normal person how different it could have been.

Son of No One by Sherrilyn Kenyon

This is book 14 in the Dark Hunter series or book 6 in the Hell chasers and if you read them all together it is book like 30 something. So many books such a good story! I was a little disappointed with this book only because I was expecting the main character to be a dragon shifter. Though they do meet one I was still saddened, but not enough to not love the story. The next two are also going to be dealing with the dragon shifters. Which has been a long time coming. This next one the main character is going to be a dragon I am so excited and can't wait.

Legend by Marie Lu

This is book 1 in the Legend Trilogy. This took me a while to get into. There is so much hype around this series that I was expecting to fall in love with this book. I just don't know what everyone else saw in this book. I wish it would have had more world building in it told more about the dystopian world they live in. Also I had a bit of a problem when they said they were playing around with plagues to keep control of population and people I just wanted to yell at them. Any virus whether you have a cure or not made up for it can easily change into something else. I guess I just don't understand why that had to be in there. Again I state it doesn't say much in this first book about the world and what is going and why they do some of the things they do. I hope the other two books are better.

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

This is the 1st book in the series. I finally got to read this since one of the groups I am in for goodreads decided to read this. It was such a great book. At first I was confused when it would switch point of view with out really explaining it's a new person speaking. But other than that I loved everything about this book and can't wait to read the second book in October. I can't wait for the movie to come out for this book as well. I hope they do it well

The Witch With No Name by Kim Harrison

This is the 13th book in the Hollows series. This book made me sad, happy, and angry all at the same time. This is the final book in the series and what a great ending it was. Unfortunately I wish that this was not the last one but I am glad that it ended so well. I will miss all the main characters and this will be one of those series I will read over and over again. I hope her next series will be just as great or even better. I already love the main characters name which is Peri.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

This is the 1st book in a four book series. I wanted to read this one before the movie came out. I did finish it and then went to go see the movie. From about the middle to the end the movie and book both differ a lot. But both each have their highlights. I enjoyed both. The book was a bit boring in the beginning I liked it more towards the end and the one page epilogue definitely makes me want to read the second book. The movie was done well and maybe where people did not like the book they might prefer the film. I know after watching the film my boyfriend wants to start reading the books.



Elixir by Ted Galdi

I was given a copy of this book for a honest review. I will be writing a longer review on this in a few days. I will say the beginning though I didn't much care for but towards the ending it got a lot better.




I will have a October TBR up soon as well as my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment