Monday, October 27, 2014

TBR Tag

This tag was created by Rachel from A Perfection Called Books and Dana from Danasquare. This tag is all about my To Be Read pile. I wasn't tagged by anyone but I saw this over on my friend Kitty's blog from My Little Corner for Books and thought this looked like a lot of fun. So lets do this.

How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
Mostly on goodreads. I kind of have two TBR piles one is under my unread-shelf these are books I actually own and still have yet to read and then there is my to read books that I hope to some day buy and also read. But for the most part I also have my TBR books stacked on two shelves on my book case so I know where they all are.

Is your TBR mostly print books or e-books?
Mostly print books. I want to have my own personal library some day (yes just like in Beauty and the Beast). But I do have a lot of e-books as well they are all mostly free ones or ARC's, but I don't like to read a lot from them. I try to make myself read at least one a month. I'm getting better with it recently.

How do you determine which book from you TBR to read next?
I mostly just pick up whatever I am in the mood for. Some times its a particular book but more times then not its a couple of books and then I just have to ask Allen to pick one for me or play eenie meenie miney moe and pick one that way. Some times though especially if my groups pick a book for the month that I already have and need to read then I will read it with my goodreads group.

A book that has been on your TBR list the longest?
I'm guessing this means from TBR list that I own. It would have to be The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien or any of the Lord of the Rings books. I got this series from my mom a long time ago and just have never really wanted to pick them up. I do want to read them some day but I think why I am so put off by these books is because I didn't really enjoy the movies when I watched them. When I was younger I didn't really care for Fantasy as a genre but I think that if I give it a read now I would like it since I now like to read that genre.







A book that you recently added to your TBR list?
Again I am going to assume this is like a recently purchased book that I have not read yet. I recently got Clariel by Garth Nix because it is a continuation or more like a prequel from the Sabriel trilogy I read when I was young. Now its been 12 or more years since I read that trilogy so I am going to have to go back and reread it before I can get to this book. I know it's a prequel but I want to read the main part first just in case there are some character I am not remembering that are going to be in this prequel. I am excited to get to this soon.






A book in your TBR strictly because of the beautiful cover?
This was strictly a cover buy. I still don't really know what it's about other than it is about vampires and magic and fantasy. So I was on board but it looks so awesome and all the other books in this series are just as beautiful!











A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
This book I refuse to read. I just have that feeling that if I pick this book up and try to give it a chance that I will end up throwing it against the wall and try to start a fire with it. This book is probably up there with False Memory by Dean Koontz it says on goodreads that I have read it and given it a one star but the truth of the matter is that the farthest I have gotten in that book is about 100 pages. I have picked up that book 3 or 4 times and each time I put it down. I want to read it some day but it won't be anytime soon. I don't know why but for some reason I refuse to give up on this book. False Memory is my nemesis!!!!!




An unpublished book on your TBR that you are excited for?

There are three books that I am so excited for but it seems like they are never going to be coming out. The first being Strange Fate by L.J. Smith its the 10th and final book in the the Night world series I believe. Its been like 16 years since the last ones have been out and I don't think this book will ever make it. I definitely would have to reread everything since it has been so long. The second one is Grave Visions by Kalayna Price this is book four in the Alex Craft series and it has been I think like three years since another book has been out it is killing me I love this series so much. Since she wasn't coming out with another Alex Craft book I went to her other series Haven to tied me over. But I ran into the same problem so book three would be Third Blood by Kalayna Price. I need these books now! *Breathes deeply* I'm okay now. *shifty eyes* hehee.

A book on your TBR that basically everyone's read but you?
*Hides from a mob of mad people* Yes it is true! I have never read a Harry Potter book. I have them all but I still refuse to read them. My friends got them for me when I wouldn't stop pestering them with questions when we would watch the movies and told me to read them if I wanted answers. I still refuse to read them. I swear to get to them some day but I don't know why... I guess I just want to be a rebel when it comes to this series.








A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?
Probably The Infernal Devices trilogy or The Harry Potter series. I did read the first book of The infernal Devices series it was just slow. I do plan to read the other two since I already own them but I am in no rush to.
A book on your TBR that you are dying to read?
I have been waiting all month to get to this book it is actually the next book I am going to read after I get done reading the current one. I bought it right away and couldn't wait to start it but I had to read and finish the second book before getting to this one and then some other books got in the way of reading this one. But I can't wait and I hope it is worth all of my waiting!







How many books on your TBR shelf?
I have about 390 ... probably about 400 books on my unread shelf that I own. I haven't added some to my goodreads page yet. But for actual TBR books that I hope to read some day and buy as well is at 914 books
Who do you tag?
Everyone and anyone who would like to. Please let me know down below in a comment so I can check out your tag if you do plan on doing this.

4 comments:

  1. Blood Rights cover looks creepy and cool!! I've only read the first 4 Harry Potters:P You're not alone:D You must read the Infernal Devices!!!! Thanks for mentioning me:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay not alone!!! yes yes I will get on it lol. Your welcome.

      Delete
  2. I finally got to HoF. More than 200 pages to go. Hoping I can finish reading it before the month ends. XP
    And I only have the third book in the Alex Craft series. Lol. Dunno if I want to get the first two books.
    And I haven't read the Percy Jackson books so I guess it's the same as you not reading the HP books. Lol. Currently doing a re-read of the HP books though. D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have not finished the Percy Jackson books either I am on book 4 I blieve. I have just been to busy to pick it back up and this month isn't going to be any better since I have to write a lot. I just started HoF I am about 200 pages in. So excited! You must let me know what you think of it when you are done. We need to discuss!

      Delete