Monday, April 6, 2015

Claimed (Book #2) by Sarah Fine

Genre: Paranormal Fantasy, Romance
Published: March 24, 2015
Publisher: 47North
Pages: 332

Source: NetGalley
Synopsis:
Galena Margolis, a brilliant scientist with a tragic past, is determined to fulfill her destiny and develop the vaccine that could save millions. Yet when Galena’s test subjects meet with foul play, it’s clear that someone is still determined to stop her, and that Galena herself is a target. As the Ferry empire forges a plan to keep her safe, Declan Ferry, the politics-hating black sheep of the family, steps forward to protect her—but the emotional cost may be more than either of them is willing to pay.

As unknown enemies close in, it becomes terrifyingly clear that they threaten to destroy not only Galena’s lifesaving work but also the very fabric of fate. As Galena and Declan race to uncover the traitor, they also forge a special bond that could save both Galena and those she’s sworn to help. Torn apart by the past and hunted by those she trusted, can Galena find room amidst her fears for a passion that could make her stronger than ever? And even if she and Declan can find their way together, will it be enough to keep the future from coming apart at the seams?

My Rating:
★★★

Review:
I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review, all reviews and opinions are my own.

This is the second book in the Servants of Fate series if you would like to see my review on the first book Marked please click here: Review, There should be no spoilers in this review for either book but there might be minor ones since it is the second book.

This one had way more romance compared to the first one. Even though this one wasn't all about kicking ass and taking names it was still good. I connected with Galena because I understood how frustrating and daunting it can seem when you like and want to be with someone but your past keeps getting in the way. So the Ferry's, Galena, and Eli all have to come up with some way to keep Galena safe. Which throws Dec and Galena into closer proximity and feelings sprout into something more. Even through this whole ordeal many of the characters view Galena as weak and even herself sometimes, but when in the end she stands up and fights for what is right now matter how daunting her past is.

I know many who would run away from there past or find a vice to drown in, and she kind of does that with her work to ignore it but that never really works. Once she realizes that she does something about it. I was rooting the whole time for Galena and Declan if anyone could have gotten close to her it is someone that is as understanding and patient as Declan was with her.

There is a bit of a plot twist with the bad guy that I did not see coming. Oh man do I wish I could discuss it here but I don't want to ruin the series for anyone. I am super excited to read the third book which will be about Aislin. I still don't know how I feel about her. In the first book I kind of hated her... for reasons, and then by the end of the first book she seemed okay but then in the beginning of this book again she seemed stand offish and cold which I understand you are head of a company and head of the Ferry's you kind of have to be, but still. I can't wait to get inside her head a little bit and see what is all going on and see what she is really like.

Also I will note they go into this spirit realm to send off the spirit to heaven or hell right and the place is described as spongy and has no color, so you can run through most walls or doors as long as it's not to thick in places. All I keep picturing is a world that is made up of Styrofoam or big bouncy house of some sort. Loved how Galena reacted to this new realm, it is exactly what I would do if someone opened a door way to some other  realm.

Very good series and now I can't wait for the third book to come out. I need to know more about Moros. 

No comments:

Post a Comment