Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Lost Energy (Book #2) by Lynn Vroman

Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Published: February 3, 2015
Publisher: Untold Press, LLC
Pages: 342

Source: Author
Synopsis:
Last spring, Lena discovered who she was.

Now all she wants to do is move on—and find a way to be with Tarek, the new Warden of Arcus and the love of her life. Even though worlds separate them now, she holds onto the hope they’ll be together again. Until then, Lena focuses on being truly happy for the first time in her life…this life. She has new friends, an apartment free from her abusive father, and the chance to live a normal life.

But for Lena, the past never stays gone.

A woman from another lifetime reveals Cassondra, Exemplian’s new authority commander, is seeking revenge against Tarek for killing her brother. There is only one way to end this new threat…

This time, it will take more than Wilma to keep the monsters away. It’ll take an entire army–an army who remembers Lena from her past life, and who might just want her dead, too.

Lena’s past will shape her future more than she could ever imagine.

My Rating:
★★
Review:
I received this book from the author, Lynn Vroman, for an honest review, all reviews and opinions are my own.

This one is a bit more fast paced than the last one. Which is awesome we get dumped into basically right where the first one left off. The only thing that really annoyed me with this one was that Lena kept crying or weeping over things then she had the gall to say something to someone that was doing the exact same thing, but it wasn't okay for her to do it because she betrayed them.

I loved how in deapth the story got when everyone got to Arcus where Tarrek is Warden. Arcus is supposedly this world that is full of vibrant colors and these pink octopus looking things that travel on land. What we find out is that Arcus was not always like this and that it used to be completely different.  In the first book Lena becomes friends with Belva well they get in trouble and have to take Belva and Lena's family  to Arcus where they find out some interesting things. I also like the conflict between Tarrek and Lena. If I were Lena reborn into this other person I would question whether or not Tarrek would love me, me or the past me.

The ending left off on a cliff hanger, of course. So I am eagerly a waiting the next one. I am wondering how Lena is going to deal with what happened, and if now she will commit 100% to cutting off the ties from Exepmlian to all other worlds. Though I wonder if she cuts the ties does that mean that they won't be able to travel back and forth to other worlds? If so then she will have to choose between living on Earth or living on Arcus with Tarrek.

I am happy with how the series is developing I just hope that Lena goes through more growth as the story progresses. I also hope to see more about Belva and how she is dealing with Arcus's inhabitants and how Farren is handling Belva.

No comments:

Post a Comment