Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Review: Adulthood is a Myth: A "Sarah's Scribbles" Collection by Sarah Andersen

Genre: Humor, Comic
Published: March 8, 2016
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Pages: 112

Source: Netgalley
Synopsis:
Are you a special snowflake? Do you love networking to advance your career? Have you never wasted a fresh new day surfing the internet? Ugh. This book is not for you. Please go away.

Sarah's Scribbles— casually drawn, perfectly on-point comics by young Brooklyn-based artist Sarah Andersen — confront head-on the horrors, anxiety, and awkwardness of modern adult life. From the agony of holding hands with a gorgeous guy to the yawning pit of hell that is the wifi gone down to the eye-watering pain of eating too-hot pizza because one cannot stand to wait for it to cool down, Sarah fearlessly documents it all.

Like the work of fellow Millennial authors Allie Brosh, Grace Helbig, and Gemma Correll, Sarah's total frankness on extremely personal issues such as body image, self-consciousness, introversion, relationships, and bra-washing makes her comics highly relatable and consistently hilarious.


Rating:
★★★★
Review:
I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review, all reviews and opinions are my own.

This gets all the stars! I first saw these popping up around the internet and then I found a book of all of these and I had to read it for myself. I loved it so much! These are so cute and funny and even true in most instances.

When I was reading this book it was on a rainy day so this comic right here made a lot of sense except that it needed books in there as well. :P I do this a lot in the winter time. Blanky forts are the best! And that bunny in the first panel is so cute!
















This one I relate to a bunch as well since I don't want to have any kids but others are always like you should totally have kids. I understand why some people want to have kids its just not for me. Not meaning I hate children or that I don't like to watch them I just like to give them back to their rightful owners.


 These are only a couple of the ones that I love this whole book is full of hilariousness and truth. I hope there will be even more. This is a must read for all, the only thing bad I can say about it is that it was to short, I need more, or maybe I'll just read it over and over again. Some of the comics are geared more towards teens others are geared towards adults but all of us young or old will find that we are not alone in the world and that this stuff and thoughts happen to others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment